We hope you are safe and well in these extraordinarily difficult times. You may be aware that to comply with government social distancing guidance we are only seeing patients face to face when absolutely necessary.
As a result of this the practice has reviewed its process with a view to improving patient access and your overall appointment experience.
The new process will mostly eliminate queuing up on phone lines when you are trying to get an appointment. Your access will be by eConsult and by telephone.
If you use a computer, please contact the surgery via eConsult. (You can find the link on the surgery website and on the NHS App) Your eConsult will be reviewed by our team of Clinicians and Allied Health Care Professionals who will respond via one of the following routes.
- An email or text message
- Telephone consultation
- Video consultation
- Face to face appointment (in which case you will be required to wear a face mask or face covering when attending for the period of COVID 19).
We would appreciate it if you could make yourself available for any one of these consultation methods and be flexible regarding your availability for an appointment.
Below are some of the benefits of using eConsult:
- Your query may be resolved without the need for a trip to the surgery
- You can complete an online GP consultation with your own practice when you need to
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed on our website via eConsult. You can check your health symptoms and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to the content adapted from NHS Choices
- You will get a response from the practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device. Unlike a telephone call you can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits you
- You can request fit notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving you and the practice time
- Investigations such as blood tests, x rays and other diagnostics could be ordered in advance and reduce the number of times you will need a follow up appointment.
For our patients who do not use computers, please contact the surgery via telephone. Our well trained receptionists may also be able to help you fill an eConsult, offer you a telephone appointment or a video appointment.
Our reception team will not be able to offer you a face to face GP appointment or a nurse appointment for an ongoing medical condition.
NHS England are encouraging us to take this new approach. We believe we will be able to offer more appointments, and where a clinician does feels it necessary to see you face to face, they will have more time, and more information, to provide an more informed diagnosis and treatment plan. You will need to wear a face mask.
Dr Hale & Partners.